Why Choose CLIA?
- Because everyone you know is affected by the law.
- Because all Islanders have the right to understand the law, their rights, and the justice system.
Everyday, Islanders call or visit us for information, support, and referrals. Many of our visitors and callers are stressed, upset, and feel overwhelmed.
We provide them with free legal information, education, and referrals. We do this through the toll-free inquiry line, resource centre and library, publications, speakers / workshops, and low-cost consultations with lawyers.
We can do the same for you if you ever need us.
CLIA also works on special projects to meet the needs and interests of Islanders.
In 2007 alone, CLIA:
- supported 1,902 Islanders with legal questions
- provided 1,607 lawyer referrals
- provided 25,864 brochures, booklets, and other reading materials
- had over 200,000 hits on our website
You can invest in free public legal information and education on Prince Edward Island.
Your investment will provide:
- a free inquiry line where Islanders can ask questions about any legal issues
- free publications on diverse legal subjects
- free educational workshops
- low-cost consultations with lawyers
- free presentations and Q&A sessions for small groups
CLIA is committed to quality service and developing excellent resources. CLIA is a registered charity so you will receive a charitable tax receipt.
Our Commitment to You
Our donors and members are very important to us. We are committed to ensuring you have a positive experience working with us.
You can count on:
- your gift being used in the best interest of Islanders
- being treated with respect and courtesy as a friend of CLIA
- your personal information being kept strictly confidential—we do not, and never will, sell or distribute personal information
- your wishes being respected in terms of how we contact you and how you are recognized for your gift
- being kept up to date on CLIA's work and our contributions to PEI communities
- being able to call us anytime with your questions or concerns
We are a small organization meeting a big need on PEI. You can join us in making sure Islanders have the information they need to make important legal decisions.