WOMAN ABUSE PROTOCOL
(PEI Community Justice Resource Centre)
It will be the responsibility of all staff to respond to needs associated to protecting individuals from potential risk of behavior identified within client contacts, both at the assessment and treatment stages of program involvement.
To ensure the safety of potential partner abuse victims, the Centre's staff will:
- Identify to clients at all stages of program contact (assessment and treatment) that all identifications of risk to self and others will lead to appropriate actions to reduce the risk of harm.
- In cases where risk of harm to self or others has been identified, the staff person will immediately contact referral agencies, identified victim and police agencies (in those circumstances where clearly defined threats have been documented.)
- In cases where presenting information identifies possible presence of assaultive abusive or aggressive behavior within intimate relationships, the staff person will identify such to client and referral agent. Upon identification, the staff person will recommend immediate referral to the Turning Point Assessment process.
- In all cases where risk levels are present related to partnership violence Victim Services' mandate applies. Contact will be made to identify the need for support services to the female partner.
- It is at all times an overall responsibility of Centre staff to make immediate referrals of clients presenting risk levels associated to Partnership abuse to the Turning Point Co-ordinator as a component of case planning within all programs of the PEI Community Justice Resource Centre.